Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. The filarial parasite of sheep, Elaeophora schneideri.
2. Red aquatic larvae of certain dipterous gnats and midges.
3. Marine annelids in the family Terebellidae with soft bodies and red blood.
4. Blood-inhabiting worms, such as the human blood flukes in the genus Schistosoma.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
Any of various parasitic worms of the genus Strongylus that infect the intestinal systems of horses. Also called redworm.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
(1) Blood flukes—e.g., Schistosoma spp
(2) A nematode, Elaeophora schneideri, which causes elaeophoriasis—filarial dermatitis—in sheep
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.