Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
To develop the program, EPAM leaders consulted with national experts in performing arts medicine, including Todd Frazier, president of the National Organization for Arts in Health.
"Performing Arts Medicine." In The New Handbook of Research on Music Teaching and Learning, edited by Richard Colwell and Carol P.
While Dutch dancers seemed to have good access to and perceptions of the medical profession prior to seeking treatment from a dance medicine specialist, these variables improved with treatment by trained performing arts medicine doctors.
Similar collaboration and trust are developing in other areas of arts medicine, albeit slowly in some instances.
The Performing Arts Medicine Clinic joins the many highly specialized health-care facilities in Indiana that cater to a very particular patient need.
This literature review presents a range of innovative medical applications of music in stress management, biofeedback, psychoneuroimmunology, pain relief and performing arts medicine. More established music therapy practices in such medical areas as physical, psychiatric and geriatric rehabilitation, and palliative care have not been discussed.
Gail Berenson (GB): Tell us a little about your extensive background in music and what ultimately influenced you to choose the field of performing arts medicine as a career.
You can also contact the Performing Arts Medicine Association for referrals.
There is also material on arts medicine, hearing loss, and voice disorders.
Organizations such as the International Association for Dance Medicine & Science, the Performing Arts Medicine Association, and the Performing Arts Special Interest Group of the Orthopedic Section of the American Physical Therapy Association strive to educate healthcare professionals, dance educators, and dancers.
(2) However, the concepts of arts medicine have evolved into a medical specialty, primarily since the late 1970s and early 1980s.
Dunk'N'Funk 2002 was, in fact, a celebrity basketball tournament in aid of the British Performing Arts Medicine Trust.
Medical browser ?
- artificial selection
- artificial skin
- artificial sphincter
- artificial stone
- artificial sweetener
- artificial tears
- artificial tetanus
- artificial tooth
- Artificial Turf
- artificial urinary sphincter
- artificial vagina
- artificial ventilation
- artificial Vichy salt
- artificial vision
- artificially paced beat
- artisan's cramp
- artistic anatomy
- artistic temperament
- ARTS II
- arts medicine
- ARTS–diabetes substudy
- Artyfechinostomum malayanum
- arum family poisoning
- arum lily
- arycorniculate synchondrosis
- aryepiglottic fold
- aryepiglottic muscle
- aryepiglottic part of oblique arytenoid (muscle)
- aryl acylamidase
- arylsulfatase A deficiency
- arylsulfatase B deficiency
- arytenoid articular surface of lamina of cricoid cartilage
- arytenoid cartilage
- arytenoid dislocation
- arytenoid glands
Full browser ?
- Arts Foundation of Cape Cod
- Arts Foundation of New Zealand
- Arts from the Heart
- Arts Graphiques Numériques
- Arts Group of Union Avenue
- Arts High School Alumni Association
- ARTS II
- ARTS III
- Arts in a Multicultural Australia
- Arts in Basic Curriculum
- Arts in education
- Arts in Education Aid Council
- Arts in Education Aid Council, Inc.
- Arts in Education Institute
- Arts in Education Model Development and Dissemination
- Arts in the Community
- Arts Industry Council Victoria
- Arts Institute at Bournemouth
- Arts Institutes
- ARTS Integration Laboratory
- Arts Interdisciplinary Research Laboratory
- Arts Internet Radio
- ARTS Iron File Change Request
- Arts Law Centre of Queensland
- Arts League of Lowell
- Arts Management Advisory Group
- Arts Management Internship
- Arts Marketing Association
- Arts Martiaux Bordeaux Victoire
- Arts Martiaux Saint-Herblain
- arts medicine
- Arts Medicine Aotearoa New Zealand
- Arts Mid North Coast
- Arts Network East Gippsland
- Arts Network for Children and Youth
- Arts Network for Integrated Media Applications
- Arts Network Japan
- Arts of Africa, Oceania, and the Americas
- Arts of design
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Arts Off Broadway
- Arts Online Educational DatabasE
- Arts Orange County
- Arts Presenters of Northern New England
- Arts Projects Australia
- Arts Quarter Collective
- Arts Recognition and Talent Search
- Arts Research and Training Institute in Southern Tagalog
- Arts Research Center
- Arts Research Graduate School
- Arts Research in Progress
- ARTS Safety Working Group
- ARTS Software Development System
- Arts Square
- Arts student
- Arts Theme House
- Arts Undergraduate Society
- Arts University Bournemouth
- Arts University College at Bournemouth
- Arts Verstandelijk Gehandicapten
- Arts Work Experience Internship Program