arsenical(redirected from arsenical herbicide)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. pertaining to arsenic.
2. a compound containing arsenic; arsenicals were once widely used in medicine, but have now mostly been replaced by antibiotics. However, some are still used to treat infectious diseases, especially those caused by protozoa, as well as skin disorders and blood dyscrasias; they must be administered with caution because of their toxicity. All arsenicals are toxic to humans and some are carcinogenic. See also arsenic poisoning.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. A drug or agent, the effect of which depends on its arsenic content.
2. Denoting or containing arsenic.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
Of or containing arsenic.
A drug or preparation containing arsenic.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
1. Denoting or containing arsenic.
2. A drug or agent, the effect of which depends on its arsenic content.
3. A class of chemical agents that contain arsenic.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012