arsenical(redirected from arsenical herbicide)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. pertaining to arsenic.
2. a compound containing arsenic; arsenicals were once widely used in medicine, but have now mostly been replaced by antibiotics. However, some are still used to treat infectious diseases, especially those caused by protozoa, as well as skin disorders and blood dyscrasias; they must be administered with caution because of their toxicity. All arsenicals are toxic to humans and some are carcinogenic. See also arsenic poisoning.
1. A drug or agent, the effect of which depends on its arsenic content.
2. Denoting or containing arsenic.
Of or containing arsenic.
A drug or preparation containing arsenic.
1. Denoting or containing arsenic.
2. A drug or agent, the effect of which depends on its arsenic content.
3. A class of chemical agents that contain arsenic.