aquatic(redirected from aquatically)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or pertaining to water.
2. Denoting an organism that lives in water.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. Consisting of, relating to, or being in water: an aquatic environment.
2. Living solely or chiefly in or on the water: aquatic animals and plants.
3. Taking place in or on the water: an aquatic sport.
An organism that lives solely or chiefly in or on the water.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
aquatic(ă-kwot′ĭk) [L. aquaticus, pert. to water]
1. Pert. to water.
2. Inhabiting water.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners