References in periodicals archive ?
Forty-nine plants (64.4%) formed some aposporous embryo sacs in addition to the normal meiotic sac, and the remaining 27 plants were free of apospory.
Cleared-pistil and thick-sectioning techinques for detecting aposporous apomixis in grasses.
They hypothesized that early pollination may have contributed to the fertilization of unreduced eggs in aposporous embryo sacs of the facultative apomictic female parent.
In aposporous sacs, a cell wall completely covered the plasma membrane of the unreduced egg cell several hours before a pollen tube entered the female gametophyte.
One to three of these nucellar cells continued enlarging and their nuclei divided mitotically, producing aposporous sacs with an egg cell, two synergids cells and two polar nuclei.
Among the mature ovules, 88% had one or more aposporous sacs, whereas the female gametophyte had deteriorated in the other 12% (Table 4).
Cleared-pistil and thick-sectioning techniques for detecting aposporous apomixis in grasses.
Sexual and diplosporous Tripsacum (Table 1), sexual (PI 299920; 2n = 2x = 20) and diplosporous (`Morpa', PI 208994; 2n = 4x = 40) weeping lovegrass, sexual (87A12101-B1S; 2n = 4x = 36), and aposporous (Common, PI 153671; 2n = 4x = 36) buffelgrass, aposporous `Abbey' Kentucky bluegrass (ploidy unknown), aposporous P.
Callose deposits in the walls of the female meiocyte were less abundant in aposporous than in sexual Pennisetum (Fig.
Our approach to identifying RAPD markers linked to aposporous reproduction in buffelgrass was through bulked segregant analysis (Michelmore et al., 1991) of two F1 populations segregating for apospory.
Bashaw (USDA-ARS, College Station, TX) provided tillers of obligately sexual buffelgrass plant B-2s and seed of obligately aposporous cultivar Higgins (Bashaw, 1968).
Moreover, the lack of aposporous embryo sacs in competition with MMCs, megaspores, or sexual embryo sacs also suggests the absence of apospory.
Medical browser ?
- apoplectic cyst
- apoplectic dementia
- apoplectic shock
- apoplectic stroke
- apoplectic vertigo
- apoplectiform deafness
- apoplexia uteri
- apoptotic cell
- aposematic coloration
- aposematic selection
- apostatic selection
- apothecaries' measure
- apothecaries' ounce
- apothecaries' system
- apothecaries' weight
- apothecaries' weights
- apothecaries' weights and measures
- apothecaries’ weight
Full browser ?
- Aposomatic coloration
- Aposomatic colouration
- Apospory Specific Genomic Region
- Apostatic selection
- Apostatic selection