ape(redirected from ape-like)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Any of various tailless Old World primates of the superfamily Hominoidea, including the gibbons, orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, and humans.
2. Any of various members of this superfamily bearing fur and usually living in the wild, especially orangutans, gorillas, and chimpanzees, in contrast to humans. Not in scientific use.
3. A tailed primate such as a monkey. Not in scientific use.
• Small apes—gibbons and siamangs
• Great apes—orangutans, gorillas, and chimpanzees
The ape brain is structurally similar to the human brain and is capable of advanced reasoning
(2) APE. A multifunctional enzyme involved in DNA repair and in facilitating the redox state of some DNA-binding proteins de novo