Also found in: Dictionary.
1. Synonym(s): antiphlogistic
2. Relieving the pain and promoting the healing of superficial burns.
3. A topical application for burns.
[anti- + G. pyrōtikos, burning, inflaming]
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
(1) Referring to an anti-inflammatory effect; antipyretic (preferred).
(2) Referring to burns; this is little used in the working medical parlance (“burn related” is preferred).
(1) An obsolete term for an anti-inflammatory agent.
(2) A term of waning use for anything used to manage burns.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.