agglutinate(redirected from agglutinately)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
To accomplish, or be subjected to, agglutination.
v. aggluti·nated, aggluti·nating, aggluti·nates
1. To cause to adhere, as with glue.
2. Linguistics To form (words) by combining words or words and word elements.
3. Physiology To cause (red blood cells or bacteria) to clump together.
1. To join together into a group or mass.
2. Linguistics To form words by agglutination.
3. Physiology To clump together; undergo agglutination.
ag·glu′ti·nant adj. & n.
Agglutinatenoun An aggregate; a clump of cells, usually red cells, formed by an immune interaction between surface antigens and antibodies.
verb To form an immune aggregate with cells, antigens and antibodies.