adjust(redirected from adjustably)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms.
v. ad·justed, ad·justing, ad·justs
1. In chiropractic medicine, to manipulate (the spine and other body structures) to treat disorders and restore normal function of the nervous system.
2. To decide how much is to be paid on (an insurance claim).
ad·just′er, ad·jus′tor n.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
adjust(ă-jŭst′) [Fr. ajuster, to gauge]
1. To adapt to a different environment; to cope with new conditions or stressors.
2. To change or modify something, esp. to improve its function or condition.
3. To manipulate a part of the body, e.g., with physical force.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners
To reshape a dental prosthesis, restoration, or oral appliance to improve effectiveness, function, or appearance.
Medical Dictionary for the Dental Professions © Farlex 2012