acidophilic(redirected from acidophilicly)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
1. easily stained with acid dyes.
2. growing best on acid media.
Having an affinity for acid dyes; denoting a cell or tissue element that stains with an acid dye, such as eosin.
1. Growing well in an acid medium: acidophilic bacteria.
2. Easily stained with acid dyes: an acidophilic cell.
a·cid′o·phil′ (ə-sĭd′ə-fĭl′), a·cid′o·phile′ (-fīl′) n.
Referring to that which is stainable by an acidophilic dye—e.g., eosin, which imparts a red colour to tissues stained by H&E when examined by light microscopy.
Referring to an acidophile, see there.
1. Readily stained with acid dyes.
2. Thriving in an acid environment.
Having an affinity for acid dyes; denoting a cell or tissue element that stains with an acid dye.