Patient discussion about name

!!! The questions and answers on this page are written by patients and are not reviewed by health professionals.

Q. what are the name of those popular pills i hear about to beat depression?

ACommon drugs used to treat depression are usually of the SSRI family. There are many names, depending on your place. These drugs are prescription drugs, i.e. prescribed by a doctor, so if you have any questions or seek to use them you should consult a doctor.

A list of anti-depressive drugs may be found here:

Q. what is the medical name of the specialist who treats fibromyalgia?

The person who treats arthritis is medically termed “rheumatologist”, then what is the medical name of the specialist who treats fibromyalgia?
ARheumatologist is an internist who is a specialist in the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, bones and joint complaint. If a person is having fibromyalgia together joint pain and inflammation, it would be better for him to be seen by an arthritis specialist who can better diagnose what might have caused fibromyalgia and what others might have been the causes other than fibromyalgia, which should not go undiagnosed. There is as such no medical name for the person who treats fibromyalgia.

Q. Hi Everyone, my name is Selly with Bipolar. Are there homeopathic meds for Hypothyroidism and Bipolar?

A1Hi, I also have hypothyroidism along with my bipolar depression. I would agree with Dagmar that getting some conventional medical treatment first is the right way to go. I certainly wouldn't knock a homeopathic treatment that worked, but for bipolar disorder you really should be monitored closely by a doctor. Perhaps you can integrate some homeopathic remedies with your conventional medications, under the observation of a doctor, of course. Good luck, and if you find something that works for you let us know!
A2I don't want to sound rude, but is there a reason not to try the conventional approach fisrt? Both of these conditions are very serious and may have severe consequences (especially bi-pollar). IMHO consulting a doctor first is a good option.

You may read more here:

Q. Hi everyone, My name is Emma and I have suffered with Bipolar disorder for 6 years

I have been on medication for 5 years and I find this helps a little bit but I still suffer from severe mood swings. I am so sick of it, I get really angry over nothing at all and I abuse everyone around me, I know while I am doing it that I am being awful but I literally can not stop it! Does anyone else suffer like this? Does anyone have any advice on how to help?
A1when you abuse someone he takes it personally, this is why he get's hurt. he thinks he done something wrong, he gets angry, gets offended and such. but if you'll tell them that you are sorry but you might be like that and that it's not their fault (and not yours too!)- they'll understand and not be offended by you. they'll be more patient and calm when it'll happen. just telling people about your problem can really help, it's not obvious as it seems.
A2Hi emma,
I would suggest theropy along with your medications so you can identify your triggers and learn to deal with those triggers in an appropriate way. As well if you are taking meds but are still prone to major mood swings perhaps it is time to reevaluate your meds...There are plenty of different meds that can be helpful and perhaps your doctors have not yet found the right combination for you yet.
I hope this helps you.

Q. I am 48 and I find myself sometimes experiencing problems coming up with names of people and places.

Here's another common question that people ask me. I am 48 and I find myself sometimes experiencing problems coming up with names of people and places. Is this a sign of a memory disorder?
AThis is a concern that many people share and the answer is NO. This is a typical experience in midlife years and beyond. It does not interfere with the ability to function well and have a good and happy life. We need to accept it as we accept other signs of healthy aging and find ways to work around it.

Q. Hey my name is Gorge .. i am interested in an alternativ approach/methode to treat Arthritis . i have heard

that chinese medicines are the most effectives under the category of Alternative approach and i was wonder if anyone knows about a particular medicine answers to those requests and which is also effective for arthritis treatment ...
A1Hello there. I've had RA for over 12 years. My acupuncturist, who is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine and also an RN and PA, integrates Eastern and Western medicine and I trust her implicitly. We have tried all sorts of different ways to balance my immune system; laser,ozone, UV etc., which have all helped. Contrary to the above report, acupuncture, massage, LOTS of supplements, enzymes and vitamins and a nightshade-free, citrus-free diet have worked remarkably for me and saved me from steroid-pushing rheumatologists. I still ride horseback and do almost everything I used to do before RA, except anything jarring like aerobics or jogging. Most days I don't even take pain meds. It takes time and trying different things to balance your over-active immune system, but it sure beats the alternative. Staying off sugar and dairy helps a lot, too, but I'm too weak to give it up totally. There are very good integrative doctors out there. Keep looking until you find one that will work with you. Goo
A2Check may be you find something interesting.
A3the American College of Rheumatology gives a very good review on alternative treatments for Arthritis. i read it because i wanted to see if there's something i can use in order to help my grandmother who has RA. i strongly recommenced reading it:

Q. hi my name is ray i am from england and i am on oxygen i am a retainer of carbon monxide do you guys know whoa

any place working with stem cell or natural medical emial
Ai had a whole course on stem cell use in tissue engineering and from what i know this is an area that still in research and very little clinical use. the ability to create lungs from Mesenchimal Stem Cells is a far away dream right now. but here are some links to labs that research that area:
This content is provided by iMedix and is subject to iMedix Terms. The Questions and Answers are not endorsed or recommended and are made available by patients, not doctors.