Patient discussion about drug overdose
!!! The questions and answers on this page are written by patients and are not reviewed by health professionals.
Q. so, like I know you can die of a drug overdose, but can you die of an alcohol overdose as well?
|A1||of course you can!!! you better not try to prove me wrong on this one... each one of us has a different threshold of how much is just a bit too much for him so you shouldn't get to exaggerated amounts cause you can't tell hoe sensitive you are to it.|
|A2||well... DUH! Jimmy Hendricks and Janis Joplin died from alcohol. alcohol is a poison to our body. at some levels the body can take care of it. but drinking too much can really threat your life.|
Q. My husband takes Zocor (20mg) for his hyperlipidemia. by mistake he took 3 pills (60mg). What to do?
My husband suffers from high blood lipids and he is treated with Zocor (Simvastatin). he should take one pill of 20 mg per day. By accident he took 3 pills (60mg) in one day. what to do?
|A1||You need to call your GP. Zocor doses are between 20-80 mg but maybe your husband has other problems (mainly in his kidneys) that will interfere with the normal way of cleaning the body from the drug.|
Zocor overdose symptoms will be myalgia and red urine (in a severe overdose) if your husband have one of those symptoms go to the ER as soon as possible.
Zocor can be taken from 20 to 80 mg daily. Meaning that the dose your husband took is not dangerous to him.
Any way you should always be extra careful when taking drugs, because next time it might be something that is dangerous.
Q. Is drinking too much water harmful?
Is there a condition like “water overdose”?
|A1||Drinking more water then you are used to is very good for you. But of course if you over do it it’s damaging. Drinking way too much will make you urinate more, this means you will also loose vital minerals in the urine like potassium and sodium. This can even lead to death. |
|A2||Well if u drink to much water it doest harm u.. accoading to some studies.|
|A3||Every year in the “October fest” in Germany there are people hospitalized because of heart failure from drinking too much beer. The body can’t withstand this amount of fluid and can’t remove it all (urination). the heart can’t withstand the amount of liquid it has to pass around. So it collapses. Drinking too much can be harmful.|
This content is provided by iMedix and is subject to iMedix Terms. The Questions and Answers are not endorsed or recommended and are made available by patients, not doctors.