Women's Health Initiative(redirected from WHI)
Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.
(1) An observational study of the health habits and medical history of ±100,000 women
(2) A randomised controlled clinical trial of HRT in ±65,500 postmenopausal women between age 50 and 79
(3) A prevention study to improve healthy behaviours in women of all ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
Women's Health InitiativeA 15-yr, $628 million project involving
1. An observational study of the health habits and medical Hx of ±100,000 ♀.
2. A randomized controlled clinical trial of HRT in ±65,500 postmenopausal ♀ between age 50–79.
3. A prevention study to improve healthy behaviors in ♀ of all ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds ☎ 1.800.54-WOMEN.
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Women's Health Initiative,
A 15-year study of the most common causes of death and disability in postmenopausal women. Website: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/whi/background.htm.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners