References in periodicals archive ?
WAF1, a potential mediator of p53 tumor suppression.
38) Genistein combined with docetaxel or gemcitabine significantly inhibited Bcl-2/ Bcl-xL, survivin, and induced P21 WAF1, suggesting that combination treatment regulates the important molecules in the apoptotic pathway.
Genistein-induced upregulation of P21/ WAF1, downregulation of cyclin B and induction of apoptosis in prostate cancer cells.
Ginsenoside-Rs 4, a new type of ginseng saponin concurrently induces apoptosis and selectively elevates protein levels of p53 and p21 WAF1 in human hepatoma SK-HEP-1 cells.
ElledgeXand Bert Vogelstein of Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore led to the realization that Vogelstein's team also had this gene in hand, under the alias of WAF1.
Using brain tumor cells grown in a laboratory dish, he and his colleagues determined that WAF1 turned on in the presence of normal p53 genes but not in the presence of mutant p53, they report in the Nov.
WAF1 is an inhibitor of cyclin dependent kinases and is responsible for inactivating the Rb protein during Gl/G2 phases of the cell cycle.
5-6) p53 induces the expression of several genes, such as the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21 (also called WAF1 or CIP1), which leads to growth arrest in G1.
WAF1 retards S-phase progression primarily by inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinases.
13) Transcription of the WAF1 gene within the control of p53 encodes the p21 protein, which inhibits progression of the cell cycle at the G1 to G2 phase.
Many reports have shown that the protein p21 (also named WAF1, CAP20.
WAF1] can potentially be mediated by alterations that target either the WAF1 gene itself or p53.
Medical browser ?
- Waardenburg type 4 syndrome gene
- Waardenburg types 1 and 3 syndrome gene
- Waardenburg, Petrus Johannes
- Waardenburg-Klein syndrome
- Waardenburg's syndrome
- Wachendorf membrane
- Wachendorf, Eberhard J.
- Wachstein, Max
- Wachstein-Meissel stain for calcium-magnesium-ATPase
- Wachter, Herman J.G.
- Wada test
- Wada, John A.
- Waddell signs
- Wadding Injury
- Waddington, Conrad
- waddling gait
- Wadsworth, Guy W.
- wafer implant
- waggle dance
- Wagner syndrome type 1
- Wagner von Jauregg
- Wagner, Hans
- Wagner’s theory
- Wagner-Jauregg treatment
- Wagner-Jauregg, Julius
- Wagon Wheel Fracture
- WAGR syndrome
- Wagstaffe fracture
- Wagstaffe, William
- Wagstaffe's fracture
- Waheap milkvetch
Full browser ?
- Waerden, Bartel Leendert Van Der
- WAFD (FM)
- WAFD (FM)
- Wafd Party
- Wafegine AutoLISP Collection