WABs were usually purchased from the school areas for game purposes.
Since WABs are slippery, round, and soft textured, our patients reported swallowing them easily, and the WABs passed through the gastrointestinal system without any problems.
Although the beads are nontoxic and biodegradable, we performed laboratory investigations since the absorption of WABs from the gastrointestinal system may lead to signs and symptoms of acute systemic poisoning .
WABs are radiolucent and not visible on X-rays .
This report shows that ingestion of WABs does not lead to intestinal obstruction, poisoning, and allergic reactions, but there is a great deal of variation in WAB products and care should be taken not to generalize the results to all patients everywhere.
WABs were differentiated macroscopically in only three patients' stool; there are four possibilities: it might be possible that more patients ingested WABs after chewing, some patients did not truly ingest WABSs, the stool may not be adequately controlled, or WABs were digested in the intestinal system.
It is recommended that clinicians should proceed with a selective approach in the management of patients who had ingested WABs based on age and severity of symptoms.