Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Abbreviation for vision or visual acuity; volt; with subscript 1, 2, 3, etc., the abbreviation for unipolar electrocardiogram leads.
2. Symbol for vanadium; valine; valyl; volume, frequently with subscripts denoting location, chemical species, and/or conditions.
Abbreviation for volume.
1. Abbreviation for volt; initial rate velocity; velocity; vel [L. or].
2. As a subscript, refers to venous blood.
As a subscript, refers to mixed venous (pulmonary arterial) blood.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. Electric potential.
2. Specific volume 3 Vaccinated 4. Valine 5. Valve 6. Vanadium 7. Variable region–immunology 8. Vein 9. Velocity 10. Venous 11. Version 12. Vertex 1.
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Symbol for vanadium; valine; volt.
Abbreviation for velocity; volt; a subscript, refers to mixed venous (pulmonary arterial) blood.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
Collins Dictionary of Biology, 3rd ed. © W. G. Hale, V. A. Saunders, J. P. Margham 2005
Abbreviation for valine; volt.
Medical Dictionary for the Dental Professions © Farlex 2012