Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Each is linked to the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), an organization that maintains the national waiting list.
(5.) United Network for Organ Sharing._Minimum procurement standards for an organ procurement organization (OPO).
The following are the required components of psychosocial evaluations for living unrelated kidney donors, as agreed to by a panel convened by the United Network for Organ Sharing, the American Society of Transplant Surgeons, and the American Society of Transplantation:
The legislation, which was introduced by openly gay HIV-positive representative Larry, McKeon and is expected to be signed by the governor, could also force the United Network for Organ Sharing into ending its nationwide ban of HIV-positive donors.
Candidates for kidney transplants top the waiting list published by the United Network for Organ Sharing, followed by liver candidates and lung candidates.
Seventeen individuals die every day waiting for a transplant, according to the United Network for Organ Sharing. As a result of the tremendous unfilled need, Richard Hirth, associate professor of health management and policy at the School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, believes that the organ procurement system requires closer monitoring.
(3) See United Network for Organ Sharing, Help Save a Life, at
About 4,100 people in the United States are waiting for heart transplants, according to the United Network for Organ Sharing, a group that tracks those numbers.
Organ transplants rose 5.4 percent in 2000 compared with 1999, according to preliminary data released by HHS' Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS).
The United Network for Organ Sharing, the nonprofit group based in Richmond, VA, that distributes organs for transplants, has proposed using blood tests to decide which patients would receive livers for transplants, noted The New York Times.
Researchers at the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) in Richmond, Va., compared organ transplant operations performed from January 1988 through April 1992 with those done from May 1992 through April 1994.
The United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), a national data bank for organ transplant facts and statistics, reported that between 1988 and 1996 the number of annual liver transplantations performed more than doubled (UNOS, 1997).
Medical browser ?
- unit membrane
- unit monitor
- unit of alcohol
- unit of application
- unit of blood
- unit of capacity
- unit of energy
- unit of force
- unit of heat
- unit of intermedin
- unit of length
- unit of mass
- unit of medical time
- unit of oxytocin
- unit of penicillin
- unit of penicillin (international)
- unit of service
- unit of thyrotrophic activity
- unit of vasopressin
- unit record
- unitary-transformative paradigm
- unit-dose package
- United Network for Organ Sharing
- United States Adopted Names
- United States Pharmacopeia
- United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Inc.
- United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association
- United States Public Health Service
- unit-membrane model
- univalent antibody
- univalent chromosome
- univariate analysis
- univentricular connections
- univentricular heart
- Universal Ancestor
- universal antidote
- universal appliance
- universal coverage
- universal cuff
- universal curette
- universal dental nomenclature
Full browser ?
- United Native American Student Association
- United Native American Telecommunications
- United Native Friendship Centre
- United Native Ministries
- United Native Ministries Council
- United Native Nations Society
- United Natural Foods Inc
- United Natural Foods Incorporated
- United Nature Products, Inc.
- United Nazi Juggalo Front
- United Negro College Fund Special Programs Corporation
- United Negro College Fund, Inc.
- United Negros Drivers Operators Center
- United Neighborhood Center
- United Neighborhood Citizen's Home Appearance Patrol
- United Neighborhood Health Services
- United Neighborhood Houses
- United Neighborhood Houses of New York
- United Neighborhood Organization
- United Neighborhoods Neighborhood Council
- United Neighborhoods of Evansville
- United Neighborhoods of Santa Clara County
- United Neighboring Interdependent Trusted Youth
- United Neighbors Against Drugs
- United Neighbors in Touch with the Youth
- United Neighbors of East Midtown
- United Neighbors of Tuckasegee
- United Network Command for Law and Enforcement
- United Network Command for Law Enforcement
- United Network Equipment Dealer Association
- United Network for Organ Sharing
- United Network of Detained Zimbabweans
- United Network of Young
- United Network of Youth
- United Networks of Virtual Business
- United Neurodiagnostic Professionals of America
- United New Democratic Party
- United New Jersey Railroad
- United New York Ambulance Network
- United New Zealand
- United News of Bangladesh
- United News of India
- United Nigeria Association of Tulsa
- United Nigeria Congress Party
- United Nigeria Peoples Party
- United Nigerian Textiles, PLC
- United Nimba Citizen's Council
- United Ninja Klan
- United North Amityville Youth Organization Inc.
- United NorthEast Community Development Corporation
- United Norwegian Lutheran Church
- United Notary Association of America
- United Nuclear Corporation
- United Nuclear Industries
- United Nuclear Weapons Workers
- United Nurses & Allied Professionals
- United Nurses Associations of California
- United Nurses International
- United Nurses of Alberta
- United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors
- United Obedience Champion