Twelve MeridiansChinese medicine
The 12 channels for the flow of the vital force (qi), which are named for each of the 12 vital organs and extend longitudinally from the hands or feet, ending at the opposite end of the body.
The Twelve Meridians
▪ Bladder meridian—From feet to eye socket.
▪ Gallbladder meridian—From fourth toe to head.
▪ Heart meridian—From little finger to armpit.
▪ Heart constrictor meridian (Pericardium meridian)—From middle fingers to chest.
▪ Kidneys meridian—From soles of feet to upper chest.
▪ Large intestine meridian—From index finger to nostrils.
▪ Liver meridian—From great toe to base of thoracic cavity.
▪ Lung meridian—From ribs to shoulder, then to thumb.
▪ Small intestine meridian—From little finger to head.
▪ Spleen and pancreas meridian—From great toe to top of thoracic cavity.
▪ Stomach meridian—From stomach to lungs.
▪ Triple warmer meridian—From fourth finger to head.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.