tertiary care centre

(redirected from Tertiary referral centre)

tertiary care centre

A general term for any hospital usually also designated as a centre of excellence, which offers tertiary care services (e.g., neurosurgery, radiotherapy) and has complex diagnostic (e.g., imaging, molecular pathology, genetics) capabilities.
References in periodicals archive ?
The hospital serves as the secondary referral centre for general paediatric services for half of the Cape Town metropole, and as the tertiary referral centre for neurodevelopmental services for half of the Western Cape province.
Likewise only 21% undergo salvage cystectomy without survival compromise.1,11 Yes, we do not have randomized comparable data between RC and TMT but other series with long-term data suggest comparable outcome with TMT (60-80% Complete Response rates) and RC in terms of Overall and disease - specific survival rates even with salvage cystectomy if necessary.12 Although the data is particularly lacking in Asian population, one of the series reported from dedicated Urology Tertiary referral centre by Tunio et al from Karachi, Pakistan shared comparable outcome with TMT for sizable sample of 111 patients with a median Follow up of 3 years.
Epidemiology of intrauterine fetal deaths: A study in tertiary referral centre in uttarakhand.
Endogenous endophthalmitis: 10-year experience at a tertiary referral centre. Eye (Lond) 2011;25:66-72.
[6] The aim of this study is to assess the maternal mortality ratio at a tertiary referral centre and to find out the leading causes of maternal deaths.
The committee is pleased how well its members reflect the various intensive care units across New Zealand, from larger hospitals like Auckland's tertiary referral centre to regional units.
Cases have to go from there to the tertiary referral centre. Women can be assured that the care provided at the hospitals here are as good as the best in the world."
The Foetal Medicine Department at the Corniche Hospital, Abu Dhabi is a tertiary referral centre formulated to provide the best plan of management for preterm births.
This study is a retrospective review of 21 cases of salvage prostatectomy post-external beam irradiation performed at a single tertiary referral centre over a 15-year period.
Seventeen patients (25%) were recruited from the main tertiary referral centre for maternity care in South Australia, with the remaining 51 (75%) seen at another tertiary referral centre.
"The Freeman Hospital is a large tertiary referral centre which admits patients from all over the UK, and houses specialties which have a higher than normal risk of being already colonised with MRSA.