Standardization(redirected from Technical standard)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
Related to Technical standard: Technical Standard Order
1. Formulation of a solution of definite strength so that it may be used for comparison and in tests.
2. The process of making any drug or other preparation conform to a type or standard.
3. A set of techniques used to remove as far as possible the effects of differences in age or other confounding variables when comparing two or more populations.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. The making of a solution of definite strength so that it can be used for comparison and in tests.
2. Any drug or other preparation made to conform to a type or standard.
3. A set of techniques used to minimize the effects of differences in age or other confounding variables when comparing two or more populations.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
The process of determining established norms and procedures for a test to act as a standard reference point for future test results. The Stanford-Binet test was standardized on a national representative sample of 5,000 subjects.
Mentioned in: Holtzman Ink Blot Test, Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2), Psychological Tests, Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales, Wechsler Intelligence Test
Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.