TIPS


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

TIPS

(tipz),

TIPS

TIPS

Hepatology Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic stent-shunt procedure, see there Public health Training and Intervention Procedures for Alcohol Servers An organization that educates mixologists and alcohol servers on the most effective means of managing inebriated customers.

TIPS

Abbreviation for transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt.

Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS)

A transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) is a radiology procedure in which a tubular device is inserted in the middle of the liver to redirect the blood flow.
Mentioned in: Bleeding Varices

Patient discussion about TIPS

Q. Any tips for coping with fibromyalgia?

A. I agree with the fact getting a better understanding helps but for me coping is finding support, someone you can talk to that is understanding. Accepting the fact you have limits...you can't do all the things you use to in the same way. REST...nap durning the day if possible so many people say this interfers with your sleep at night BUT for 2 years I wouldn't lie down and rest b/c I slept so poorly at night latey I have found resting if even 30 minutes helps me make it through my day. My medications help so talk to your doctor and I also if I can't nap durning the day sit and read to give my body a break b/c somedays it is so hard to move! 20 minute walks, warm baths, and herbal tea to help me relax and try to get as much sleep as possible at night. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Q. Could any of you give me some tips? hi……..after my breast cancer surgery, I was given Arimidex, which I used for 5 months and I found my bones getting weak. I was not able to stand and it was a shock that I am diagnosed with osteoporosis now…. Still I am not out from the pain of cancer and now this…..what’s happening to me ….Could any of you give me some tips?

A. "A lack of estrogen in post-menopausal women prevents the absorption and utilization of calcium and is the single most important factor in the development of osteoporosis in older women."
"Let's Live" magazine (February 1989), Dr. David Steenblock

and because Arimidex lowering the estrogen level even more- it has even bigger effect. so you developed osteoporosis.

Q. Are there any tips for my son with ADHD. My 8 years old son is with ADHD and it is hectic to make him study or carry out the assignments. At times I used to feel why should he study? He finds it difficult to study. He always takes shelter under nonstop excuses almost typed in his mind and I have tried to convince him with chocolates and pizzas but that cannot be the permanent solution to his problem. Are there any tips for my son with ADHD.

A. you could try special services that provide individualized education programs in public schools. it is given free of charge (if he is found eligible...). here is a link talking about those program: http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/learning/iep.html

More discussions about TIPS
References in periodicals archive ?
Tim Rinkerman of Austin said the tips he gets between his two jobs at a coffee shop and a restaurant are vital.
Those arrangements are known as tip-sharing, because the other employees, while they interact with customers and help improve the customer's experience, don't receive tips directly from customers.
Karen says, 'I think tips should be given only with quality service, not because it's a culture or the feel of obligation.
You can also tip your hair stylists, nail technicians, personal trainers and massage therapists the cost of one appointment.
Tips made on electronic card payments will now be fully distributed among employees - 30% of card-based tips go to cleaners, pizzaiolos and other kitchen staff, with the remaining 70% going to the individual waiter.
Since tips are the life-blood of most hospitality establishments, ensuring that both businesses and their tipped employees fully pay their taxes is more important than ever.
In businesses where tipping is customary, the tips will generally belong to the recipient, and it is not uncommon for recipients of tips to voluntarily share these amounts among other support staff.
However, whether tip income forms part of an employee's pensionable (CPP) and insurable (EI) earnings depends on whether they are considered to have been paid by the employer (controlled tips) or whether they are considered to have been paid by the client (direct tips).
Unite's Dave Turnbull said: "We've come across restaurants paying as little as pounds 3 an hour and making up the minimum wage in tips.
11-14, 2006 Gallup Lifestyle poll asked Americans what the appropriate percentage of a restaurant bill to leave as a tip is.
The hotline is similar to the long-operating national We-Tip line and a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department tip line.
They have very long tips that can feed an inside surface of a part.