References in periodicals archive ?
Superintelligence is coming and it could extinguish the human race, but there is little governments can do now to control it, philosopher and futurist Nick Bostrom said on the closing day of the sixth World Government Summit (WGS 2018) in Dubai, UAE.
Tegmark claims that only superintelligence can reengineer the universe to make enough gravity to grapple with dark energy so as to prevent the end of the universe.
The first principle sets the primary goal of AI research to be "to create not undirected intelligence, but beneficial intelligence." And the last two state: "AI systems designed to recursively self-improve or self-replicate in a manner that could lead to rapidly increasing quality or quantity must be subject to strict safety and control measures" and "Superintelligence should only be developed in the service of widely shared ethical ideals, and for the benefit of all humanity rather than one state or organization." (Tegmark 2017) These principles, though well-intended, may be insufficient in and of themselves unless AI and AGI succeed in attaining and maintaining higher levels of ethical ideals than humanity has yet achieved.
This "superintelligence" will largely make human labor unnecessary.
The prompt is open-ended--and students might produce an imaginative speculation of what music will sound like, the risks and rewards of artificial superintelligence, likely directions in demographics and politics, or a meditation on how the world we live in now may be changed.
The concept of superintelligence was developed only a little after the birth of the field of artificial intelligence, and it has been a source of persistent intrigue ever since.
Musk tweeted the article and wrote "On the list of people who should absolutely *not* be allowed to develop digital superintelligence..."
Keywords: Superintelligence, Interality, Heidegger, fourfold, Dreyfus, Ingold, Mumford, biotechnics, Zen, AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, neural networks, AlphaGo
Neuralink serves this goal, too, because Musk is among those who believe that to build a machine smarter than yourself is, as Nick Bostrom, the author of "Superintelligence," puts it, "a basic Darwinian error." Yet, given rapid progress on artificial intelligence, and the multiple incentives for making computers even smarter, Musk sees no way of preventing that from happening.
In fact, some of the very interesting work that's being done now concerning superhumanly intelligent AI presents the possibility that it's dangerous just because humans don't know what they want (see, for example, Nick Bostrom's book Superintelligence).
However, the philosopher Nick Bostrom, in his book Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies, has argued that silicone-based machine intelligence is not only inevitable but inherently quite dangerous, whether in the context of armed conflict or not.
Medical browser ?
- superficial temporal branch of auriculotemporal nerve
- superficial temporal vein
- superficial temporal veins
- superficial thrombophlebitis
- superficial transverse metacarpal ligament
- superficial transverse metatarsal ligament
- superficial transverse perineal muscle
- superficial vein
- superimposed eclampsia
- superimposed preeclampsia
- superior aberrant ductule
- superior alveolar nerve
- superior alveolar nerves
- superior anal nerves
- superior anastomotic vein
- superior angle of scapula
- superior aperture of minor pelvis
- superior artery of knee
- superior articular facet of vertebra
- superior articular process of sacrum
- superior articular process of vertebra
- superior articular surface of atlas
- superior articular surface of tibia
- superior aspect
- superior axioappendicular muscles
- superior azygoesophageal recess
- superior basal vein
- superior belly of omohyoid muscle
- superior border
- superior border of body of pancreas
- superior border of petrous part of temporal bone
- superior border of scapula
- superior border of spleen
Full browser ?
- Superintendant Fouquet
- Superintendecia de Telecomunicaciones
- Superintendence of Cultural Heritage
- Superintendencia de Administración Tributaria
- Superintendencia de Administradoras de Fondos de Pensiones
- Superintendencia de Bancos
- Superintendencia de Bancos e Instituciones Financieras
- Superintendencia de Bancos y Entidades Financieras
- Superintendência de Desenvolvimento da Amazônia
- Superintendência de Desenvolvimento do Nordeste
- Superintendencia de Industria y Comercio
- Superintendencia de Instituciones de Intermediación Financiera
- Superintendencia de Pensiones, Valores y Seguros
- Superintendencia de Seguros Privados
- Superintendencia de Seguros y Reaseguros
- Superintendencia de Servicios Sanitarios
- Superintendência de Transporte Público
- Superintendencia de Valores y Seguros
- Superintendencia do Desenvolvimiento do Nordeste
- Superintendencia Nacional de Administración Tributaria