spring(redirected from Spring (disambiguation))
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Etymology: AS, springan, to jump
1 a piece of resilient metal, such as a hardened coiled steel wire, that will return to its original shape after bending.
2 a resilient wire attached to a denture or other appliance.
1. A source of natural water. See Natural spring.
2. A coiled metal wire used to provide tension to mechanical devices.
3. A season between winter and summer.
spring[AS. springan, to jump]
1. The season of the year that comes after winter and before summer. Synonym: vernal
2. The quick movement of a body to its original position through its elasticity.