References in periodicals archive ?
The consequentialist theories that I want to put forward as models of Mahayana ethics are universalist: they take into account consequences for all sentient beings over the entire future history of the universe.
The wish to see all sentient beings free from suffering and its causes lays the foundation of compassion.
Looking at the first sentence, we read: "All sentient beings without exception have the Buddha-nature." Sentient beings (Skt.
By identifying the Buddha with the mind and one's original nature, Chinul joins many other Zen masters to whom the identity between the Buddha and sentient beings in their original state marks the basic promise of the school.
One can still maintain, with most contemporary biocentrists and animal ethicists, that there are gradations of non-anthropogenic value--that, for example, sentient beings generally have more of it than non-sentient beings and that some sentient beings have more of it than others (Nolt, 2013, 2015: 178-80).
Perhaps the natural tendency for a religious thinker who believes salvific efficacy to be all-pervasive is to resolve this tension by concluding that all sentient beings will attain salvation.
* The placing of a sentient being inside a torture machine such as an "Iron Maiden" (NOTE: The discovery of a body, poked full of holes, inside a torture machine is not Gratuitous Violence)
Under current EU law, animals are recognised as sentient beings, acknowledging their ability to feel pain, to suffer and to experience joy.
It teaches them that animals are mere props and decorations, rather than sentient beings deserving of respect.
In "Zima," the Twelve Astrological signs in the form of living, breathing sentient beings; humans on an insightful and decisive quest.
But we are the only animals that are able to dedicate the cognitive space to ponder our relationship to a wider world, and think about what it means to eat other sentient beings (and make choices to alter our diet to settle our troubled consciences).
In my experience, horses are very sentient beings. I'll never forget the one year that my wife and I lived adjacent to a corral where two horses lived: a male and a female, companions of each other.
Medical browser ?
- sensory receptors
- sensory reeducation
- sensory registration
- sensory root
- sensory root of pterygopalatine ganglion
- sensory root of sublingual ganglion
- sensory root of submandibular ganglion
- sensory root of trigeminal nerve
- sensory substitution
- sensory therapy
- sensory threshold
- sensory tic
- sensory tract
- sensory unit
- sensory urgency
- sensory-motor amnesia
- sensu lato
- sensu stricto
- Sentient being
- sentinel animal
- Sentinel Clot
- sentinel event
- Sentinel Event Notification System for Occupational Risks(SENSOR)
- sentinel gland
- sentinel loop
- sentinel loop sign
- sentinel lymph node
- sentinel lymph node biopsy
- sentinel node
- sentinel node biopsy
- sentinel pile
- sentinel surveillance
- sentinel tag
- Seoul virus
- separating medium
Full browser ?
- Senter for Interkulturell Kommunikasjon
- Senter for internasjonalisering av høyere utdanning
- Senter for Internasjonalt Universitetssamarbeid
- Senter for Klinisk Dokumentasjon
- SEnter for Miljø- og UtviklingsTudier
- Senter for Risikostyring Og Samfunnssikkerhet
- Senter for utvikling og miljø
- Senter Mot Etnisk Diskriminering
- Sentetik Iplik Fabrikalari AS
- Sentient being
- Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network
- Sentient Protoplasm against Colonial Encroachment
- Sentient World Observation and Response Department
- Sentient World Simulation
- sentiment index
- Sentiment Indexes
- Sentiment Indicator
- Sentiment indicators
- Sentiment Indices
- Sentimental fallacy
- Sentimental fallacy
- Sentimental Journey Orchestra
- Sentimental Tommy
- sentimental value