registry(redirected from SYSTEM.INI)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. an office where a nurse's name may be listed as being available for duty.
2. a central agency for collection of pathologic material and related data in a specified field of pathology, so organized that the data can be properly processed and made available for study.
1. An organization that lists professionals in certain fields.
2. An agency for the collection of pathologic material and related information and the organization of these materials for the purpose of study.
3. An agency for the collection of data on patients who have had a certain disease to allow follow-up and evaluation of response to therapy.
A database that contains enough basic information about drugs being tested for serious or life-threatening conditions to inform interested patients—and their doctors—how to enroll in the trial.
registryA system for collecting and maintaining, in a structured record, data on specific persons from a defined population, which allows preliminary analyses and reviews. See Disease Registry, Exposure registry, National Exposure Registry.
A database on patients who share a particular characteristic; common registries include those for cancer, trauma, and implants; data are used to assess the quality of care, monitor trends, and do research.