sober(redirected from Sôber)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
adj. sober·er, sober·est
1. Not intoxicated or affected by the use of alcohol or drugs.
2. Abstaining from or habitually abstemious in the use of alcoholic drink or other intoxicants: a former addict who has been sober for 10 years.
sober(sō′bĕr) [L. sobrius, not drunk, sober]
1. Not intoxicated by alcohol or psychoactive drugs, including recreational drugs.
2. Habitually moderate or temperate, esp. regarding alcohol.
3. Quiet and serious in behavior.