a returning to a previous condition; regression.
1. The manifestation in an individual of certain characteristics, peculiar to a remote ancestor, which have been suppressed during one or more of the intermediate generations.
2. The return to the original phenotype, either by reinstatement of the original genotype (true reversion) or by a mutation at a site different from that of the first mutation, which cancels the effect of the first mutation (suppressor mutation).
[L. reversio (see reversal)]
1. A return to a former condition, belief, or interest.
2. A turning away or in the opposite direction; a reversal.
3. Genetics A return to the normal phenotype, usually by a second mutation.
reversion Cardiac pacing The automatic suspension of pacemaker inhibition in the face of certain types of electrical activity. See Pacemaker.
1. The manifestation in an individual of a set of characteristics, peculiar to a remote ancestor that have been suppressed during one or more of the intermediate generations.
2. The return to the original phenotype, either by reinstatement of the original genotype (true reversion) or by a mutation at a site different from that of the first mutation cancelling the effect of the first mutation (suppressor mutation).
reversion a process in which a MUTANT regains the WILD-TYPE PHENOTYPE. This may occur by, for example, a back mutation that precisely restores the wild-type DNA sequence and therefore the wild-type phenotype, or by a SUPPRESSOR MUTATION that restores only the original phenotype. The resulting organism is called a revertant. see REVERSE MUTATION.
Patient discussion about reversion
Q. I have been struggling with an eating disorder. Can I reverse this? Hi everybody! Here is Tom of 25 yrs old male. I have been struggling with an eating disorder. Now I have low bone density into the osteoporosis level. My level is -2.6. I'm still young, is there hope for me? Can I reverse this? Are there any herbs or other supplements that may help me?
A. most people who has eating disorder wouldn't believe you if you'll say them they have a problem. anorexic girls believe they are fat even when they are all skin and bones. you passed that stage. that stage was the hard one. not that you are facing an easy journey, but the hardest part is behind you. here is a site that will be a big help for you:
Q. I HAVE HEARD THERE IS A NEW DRUG THAT CAN NOT ONLY SLOW DOWN ALLZHEIMERS BUT REVERSE IT.WHERE CAN IT BE FOUND? ADVERTISMENTS HAVE SAID SOME DOCTORS ARE DOING TRIAL DOSES WITH THIS NEW TREATMENT AND MY MOMS DOCTOR COULDN'T FIND OUT WHERE TO GO AT OUR LAST VISIT.HELP US FIND AN AREA NEAREST TO CENTRAL AL AS POSSIBLE.
A. It's called dimebon, and it was indeed found to improve the condition of patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer disease. You may read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimebon and http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_67571.htmlMore discussions about reversion