mediator(redirected from Reunion (book))
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal.
An intermediary substance or thing; a substance released from cells that regulates or causes physiologic consequences.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. One that mediates, especially one that reconciles differences between disputants.
2. Physiology A substance or structure that mediates a specific response in a bodily tissue.
3. Physics A subatomic particle that effects or conveys a force between subatomic particles.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
mediatorA thing or agent that carries out a process or reaction.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Any substance or anatomical structure that transmits information between two reagents, cells, tissues, or organs.
2. Neutral third party who facilitates agreements by helping disputing parties to identify their needs and work toward mutually agreeable solutions.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners