Q(redirected from Q (alphabet))
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. symbol for (1) the long arm of a chromosome or (2) the frequency of the rarer allele of a pair.
2. the long arm of a chromosome.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
Symbol for coulomb; quantity; quaternary; glutamine; glutaminyl; radiant energy; pseudouridine; coenzyme Q; electric charge; the second product formed in an enzyme-catalyzed reaction; radiant energy.
1. In cytogenetics, symbol for long arm of a chromosome (in contrast to p for the short arm).
2. Abbreviation for [L.] quodque, each; every.
Abbreviation for specific humidity.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. Abbreviation for coulomb; quantity; quaternary;glutamine;glutaminyl;pseudouridine;coenzyme Q; electric charge.
2. The second product formed in an enzyme-catalyzed reaction.
1. cytogenetics Long arm of a chromosome (in contrast to p for the short arm).
2. Abbreviation for [L.] quodque, each, every.
3. Symbol for heat.
4. Abbreviation for quodque.
See: flow (3)
See: flow (3)
[quantity + an overdot denoting the time derivative]
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
Collins Dictionary of Biology, 3rd ed. © W. G. Hale, V. A. Saunders, J. P. Margham 2005
Abbreviation for quaternary.
Medical Dictionary for the Dental Professions © Farlex 2012
Patient discussion about Q
Q. Q. I want to know about urine protein creatine ratio in diagnosing nephrotic syndrome. Please explain interms of unit such as mg/mg or mmol/mg. Normal range, nephrotic range with good referrence.
A. Nephrotic syndrome is defines as a damage to the kidneys, in which there is a leak of large amounts of protein (over 3.5 grams of protein / 24 hours urine output) from the blood to the urine. Protein loss causes low protein count in the blood (hypoalbuminemia) and edemas (excess fluid in the interstitial cavity which is between the cells, causes leg swelling most often, and also in the adbomen and around the eyes).More discussions about Q
This content is provided by iMedix and is subject to iMedix Terms. The Questions and Answers are not endorsed or recommended and are made available by patients, not doctors.