pubes(redirected from Pube)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Pube: PubMed
1. the hairs growing over the pubic region.
2. the pubic region.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
the hair of the pubic region just above the external genitals.
Synonym(s): pubes (1) [TA]
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
n. pl. pubes
1. The lower part of the abdomen, especially the region surrounding the external genitals.
2. The hair that appears on this region at puberty.
3. Plural of pubis.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
1. [TA] The area above the external genitals where hair growth signals puberty.
2. One of the pubic hairs; the hair of the pubic region. usage note Often incorrectly called pubis.
[L. pubes, the hair on the genitals; the genitals]
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
pubesThe pubic hair or the PUBIC region of the body.
Collins Dictionary of Medicine © Robert M. Youngson 2004, 2005