psi(redirected from Psird)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
pounds per square inch.
1. Upper case psi, the 23rd letter of the Greek alphabet.
1. The 23rd letter of the Greek alphabet (ψ).
2. (ψ) Symbol for pseudouridine; pseudo-; wave function; the dihedral angle of rotation about the C1-Cα bond associated with a peptide bond.
3. Pounds per square inch.
psipounds per square inch.
Ψ, ψ, the twenty-third letter of the Greek alphabet.
(1) The alleged awareness of another person’s thoughts, allegedly mediated by poorly characterised “factors”.
(2) Reception of information not gained through the physical senses but rather through the mind, which encompasses psychic abilities (e.g., telepathy and clairvoyance) and their transtemporal operation as precognition or retrocognition.
the twenty-third letter of the Greek alphabet, ψ or ψ.