Professional Performance Panel
Professional Performance PanelA generic term for a body that operates within a Royal College (e.g., the Royal College of Pathologists), which is responsible for maintaining standards within the named specialty and oversees College involvement in reviews of individuals or pathology services.
Remit, Professional Performance Panel
• To offer advice on all aspects of individual professional performance, service reviews and opinions on professional probity to Council, the President and the Professional Standards Unit;
• On behalf of Council, to provide practical advice on appropriate responses to cases of alleged substandard professional performance;
• To oversee the selection of trained reviewers to assess cases of alleged poor performance or to conduct service reviews;
• To consider reports when completed by reviewers;
• Where appropriate and if necessary, to provide advice about appropriate remedial action and its outcomes.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.