Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
phi (φ, Φ),(fī),
1. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
2. (Φ) Symbol for phenyl; potential energy; magnetic flux.
3. (φ) Symbol for plane angle; volume fraction; quantum yield; the dihedral angle of rotation about the N-Cα bond associated with a peptide bond.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
passive haemagglutination inhibition
personal health information
primary HIV infection
private health insurance
Professionalising Health Informatics, see there
protected health information
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
Abbreviation for phenyl;
Abbreviation for protected health information.
phi(φ, Φ) (fī)
1. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet (φ).
2. Phenyl; potential energy; magnetic flux (Φ).
3. Plane angle; volume fraction; quantum yield; the dihedral angle of rotation about the N-Cα bond associated with a peptide bond (φ).
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012