permanent(redirected from Permanent of a matrix)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Loss or absence of hair on the scalp.
2. Baldness, see there See Hair replacement, Hot comb alopecia, Moth-eaten alopecia..
- Male pattern
- On the front and top–blame mother
- Alopecia areata–blame mother, angry lover
- Related to RT–blame radiation oncologist
- Alopecia capitis totalis–blame mother
- Due to chemotherapy—cyclophosphamide, cytosine arabinoside, doxorubicin–blame oncologist
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
permanent(pĕr′mă-nĕnt) [″ + manere, to remain]
Enduring; without change.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners