Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Ornish regimenA health-enhancing program developed by Dean Ornish, MD, which is designed to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancers and other conditions.
• Diet: Low-fat, vegetarian diet of beans, bean curd, grains, fruits and vegetables.
• Stress management: Daily meditation and yoga.
• Exercise: 30 minutes/day.
• Restricted: Alcohol, fat-free yogurt.
• Abstinence: Meat, poultry, fish, egg yolks, caffeine, dairy products, tobacco; no fat or oil added to foods.
Weight loss; 40% decrease in total cholesterol, 60% decrease in LDL-cholesterol.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
Ornish regimenNutrition A health enhancing program developed by Dean Ornish, MD Result Weight loss; 40% ↓ in total cholesterol, 60% ↓ in LDL-C. See Diet, 'Health food. ', Organic food.
• Diet Low-fat, vegetarian diet of beans, bean curd, grains, fruits, vegetables
• Stress management Daily meditation and yoga
• Exercise 30 minutes/day
• Restricted Alcohol, fat-free yogurt
• Abstinence Meat, poultry, fish, egg yolks, caffeine, dairy products, tobacco; no fat or oil added to foods
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.