Organisation Data Service
Organisation Data ServiceA service provided by NHS Connecting for Health (NHS CfH), which develops national policy, sets standards for organisation codes and publishes all organisation and practitioner codes that form part of the NHS data standards. It is also responsible for maintaining practitioner information and passing it on to the Spine Directory Service (SDS), the central repository of data for use within the systems and services maintained and provided by NHS CfH, which is responsible for the ODS’s daily operations and its overall development, and supported by various agencies throughout the UK, including the NHS Prescription Services and the NHS Dental Services.
Organisation Data Service provides
• Central allocation of new or revised organisation codes;
• Help, advice and query resolution on the content and use of the national reference data;
• Development of the NHS standards in this area;
• Further development of the range of national reference data
ODS products and services;
• National lists for various NHS organisations and certain medical practitioners (O&Ps);
• Allocation of NHS standard identification codes for these O&Ps;
• Change history record for these O&Ps;
• Additional reference data about each of the O&Ps;
• Details of the relationships between these O&Ps;
• Details of the geographic areas covered by some of these O&Ps, defined by post codes;
• Organisation and Health Care Professional codes on the Spine Directory Service.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.