Objective Structured Public Health Exam
Objective Structured Public Health ExamA structured exam, similar in style to a medical Objective Structured Clinical Exam (OSCE), which now forms Part B of the Member of the Faculty of Public Health (MFPH) examination. The OSPHE is designed to assess the ability of the candidate to apply relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes to the practice of public health.
• Verbal and non-verbal communication skills in typical public health settings: presenting to a person or audience;
• Verbal and non-verbal listening and comprehension in typical public health settings;
• Ability to assimilate relevant information from various sources and settings and use it from a public health perspective;
• Ability to demonstrate appropriate reasoning, analytical and judgement skills, giving a balanced view within public health settings;
• Ability to handle uncertainty, the unexpected, challenge and conflict appropriately.