norma(redirected from NorMAS)
Also found in: Dictionary, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
1. The manner of appearance; looks.
2. The side of an object that is directed in any designated direction.
Synonym(s): norma (1)
[L. aspectus, fr. a-spicio, pp. -spectus, to look at]
1. An outline or contour, especially one representing a side view of the human head.
2. A summary, brief account, or record.
3. biowarfare Set of suspected characteristics linked to a person or group allegedly responsible for a terrorist activity or other act involving the use of biologic weapons.
[It. profilo, fr. L. pro, forward, + filum, thread, line (contour)]
norma(nor'ma) [L., rule]
A view or aspect, esp. with reference to the skull.
anterior normaNorma frontalis.
norma basilarisNorma ventralis.
norma facialisNorma frontalis.
The outline of the skull viewed from the front. Synonym: anterior norma; norma facialis
inferior normaNorma ventralis.
A view of the skull as seen from the side; a profile view.
A view of the skull as seen from behind.
A view of the skull as seen in sagittal section.
superior normaNorma verticalis.
A view of the inferior surface of skull. Synonym: norma basilaris; inferior norma
A view of the skull as seen from above. Synonym: superior norma