mediator(redirected from Ninth Key (book))
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal.
An intermediary substance or thing; a substance released from cells that regulates or causes physiologic consequences.
1. One that mediates, especially one that reconciles differences between disputants.
2. Physiology A substance or structure that mediates a specific response in a bodily tissue.
3. Physics A subatomic particle that effects or conveys a force between subatomic particles.
mediatorA thing or agent that carries out a process or reaction.
1. Any substance or anatomical structure that transmits information between two reagents, cells, tissues, or organs.
2. Neutral third party who facilitates agreements by helping disputing parties to identify their needs and work toward mutually agreeable solutions.