NHS Futures Forum
NHS Futures ForumA group of clinicians, patient representatives, voluntary sector representatives and others from the health field, including frontline staff, which will oversee the NHS listening exercise.
The group was convened in 2011 and was to drive engagement with staff, patients and communities. Chaired by Professor Steve Field, former Chair at the Royal College of GPs, the Forum will report to the Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister and Secretary of State for Health on what they have heard on:
• The role of choice and competition in improving quality;
• How to ensure public accountability and patient involvement in the new system;
• How new arrangements for education and training can support the modernisation process;
• How advice from across a range of healthcare professions can improve patient care.
To inform its report, the NHS FF will:
• Facilitate local events across the NHS to engage staff and leaders;
• Encourage pathfinder consortia and early-implementer health and well-being boards to offer their opinons and advice;
• Use surveying, polling, digital engagement, etc., to harness a wide range of views.
Following its initial report, the NHS Future Forum will continue to listen and advise on other non-legislative aspects of the modernisation plans, implement the changes, and design of secondary legislation.