References in periodicals archive ?
Near term, those who need a confidentiality solution soon should look to solutions built around NHIN Direct, like SATVA's encrypted envelope.
Developing data content specifications for the NHIN trial implementations.
Creating a way for patients to share their medical records across multiple healthcare providers has been an unrealized vision so far, but a government initiative called the Nationwide Health Information Network (NHIN) marks an important step in that direction.
Dixon summarizes her assessment: "Given the insider nature of this crime, any digitization of medical files in electronic health records and any proposed NHIN needs to be built with ah understanding that some doctors, nurses, clinics, and hospitals--as well as their administrative staffs--may be the bad actors.
The new software is designed to be an "on-ramp," allowing different systems to connect to the NHIN once it is fully operational in the next few years.
In addition, the Harris Nationwide Health Information Network (NHIN) CONNECT solution enables secure, interoperable health information exchange between federal agencies and the private healthcare sector - while patients retain control of how their information is shared.
(29) President Bush envisions a NHIN that facilitates the
to conceptualize how a Nationwide Health Information Network (NHIN)
* Connected by NHIN Source: Garets and Davis, 2006 Table 2: EHR Adoption Through 2005, Based on Best Estimates from HER Surveys EXHIBIT 4 Electronic Health Record (EHR) Adaption Through 2005, Based On Best Estimates From EHR Surveys Range from Best estimates medium- or based high-quality on high-quality surveys (%) surveys (%) EHRs in physician offices 17-25 24 Solo practitioners 13-16 10 Large physician offices (a) 13-57 39 EHRs in hospitals -- (b) None CPOE in hospitals 4-21 5 (c) SOURCE; Authors' ratings or identified surveys on the adoption of electronic health records (EHRs).
The New Orleans office will provide project management for the NHIN, as well as project support in a variety of other areas.
Four prototype architectures of NHIN were completed in January 2007 by consortia led by Accenture, Computer Sciences Corp., IBM, and Northrop Grumman.
Department of Health and Human Services on functional requirements needed for the initial definition of a Nationwide Health Information Network (NHIN).
Medical browser ?
- NG tube
- Ngari virus
- NHANES III
- NHS 111
- NHS 24
- NHS AC
- NHS Appointments Commission
- NHS AR
- NHS Atlas of Variation in Healthcare
- NHS Blood and Transplant
- NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme
- NHS Breast Screening Programme
- NHS BSA
- NHS BSP
- NHS CA
- NHS Cancer Plan
- NHS cancer screening programme
- NHS Care Records Service
- NHS Care Records Service National Reference Panel
- NHS Careers
- NHS CB
- NHS CC
Full browser ?