mongoloid(redirected from Mongolic)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. pertaining to or resembling the Mongols, a group in Central Asia.
2. old term for certain features characteristic of an individual with down syndrome.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Of or being a human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as yellowish-brown skin, straight black hair, dark eyes with epicanthic folds, and prominent cheekbones and including peoples indigenous to central and eastern Asia. No longer in scientific use. See Usage Note at Negroid.
2. Characteristic of or resembling a Mongol.
3. also mongoloid Offensive Of or relating to Down syndrome.
1. A member of the Mongoloid racial classification. No longer in scientific use.
2. also mongoloid Offensive A person with Down syndrome.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
1. Concerning Mongols.
2. Characterized by mongolism (i.e., Down syndrome).
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners