Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Mongolian: Mongolian race
1. Relating to a member of the Mongolian race.
2. Obsolete. Relating to Down syndrome (because of the Asian-appearing facies).
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
Mongolian(mŏng-gō′lē-ən, -gōl′yən, mŏn-)
1. Of or relating to Mongolia, the Mongols, or their language or culture.
2. also mongolian Offensive Of or relating to Down syndrome.
1. A native or inhabitant of Mongolia.
2. A member of the Mongol people.
a. Any of the various spoken and written dialects and languages of the Mongols living in Mongolia and China. Also called Mongol.
b. See Mongolic.
4. Anthropology A member of the Mongoloid racial classification. No longer in scientific use.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Mon·go·lian(mon-gō'lē-ăn) This term is no longer ever used with reference to Down syndrome.
Relating to a member of the Asian race.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012