overriding(redirected from Method overriding (programming))
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. the slipping of either part of a fractured bone past the other.
2. extending beyond the usual position.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Slippage of the lower fragment of a broken long bone upward and beside the proximal portion.
2. Obsolete term denoting a fetal head that is palpable above the symphysis because of cephalopelvic disproportion.
3. Slippage of the bones of the fetal skull that occurs typically after an intrauterine fetal death or prolonged labor marked by cephalopelvic disproportion and extensive molding of the fetal head.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. Slippage of the lower fragment of a broken long bone upward and next to the proximal portion.
2. Denoting a fetal head that is palpable above the symphysis because of cephalopelvic disproportion.
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012