Médecins sans Frontières(redirected from Medicin Sans Frontiers)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
Médecins sans FrontièresThe world’s largest private medical disaster relief organisation, which provides medical assistance and humanitarian aid to refugee camps and victims of war, famine, natural disasters, and epidemics in the form of emergency medical care, immunisation and hygienic services, food and water, education, and training.
Médecins sans Frontières
• Provides essential healthcare during and after conflict.
• Treats people affected by epidemic diseases.
• Helps people in the aftermath of natural disasters.
• Offers medical care to those excluded from healthcare.
• Rehabilitates hospitals and clinics.
• Runs vaccination programmes.
• Performs surgery.
• Operates feeding centres for malnourished children.
• Provides psychological support.
• Runs water and sanitation projects.
• Provides training to local personnel in remote healthcare centres and slum areas.