Marmot Review(redirected from Marmot Review of health inequalities)
Marmot ReviewA 2010 report published by Professor Michael Marmot who, at the request of the then-Secretary of State for Health, was tasked with proposing the most effective evidence-based strategies for reducing health inequalities in England. The report, Fair Society Healthy Lives, concluded that reducing health inequalities would require action on six policy objectives:
• Give every child the best start in life;
• Enable all children, young people and adults to maximise their capabilities and have control over their lives;
• Create fair employment and good work for all;
• Ensure healthy standard of living for all;
• Create and develop healthy and sustainable places and communities;
• Strengthen the role and impact of ill-health prevention.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.