1. The act of indicating or distinguishing a thing by placing on it a sign, symbol, or other perceptible trace.
2. A pattern of coloration or other visible figuration, particularly one that is characteristic of a species or variety of plant or animal.
[M.E. mark, fr. O.E. mearc, + -ing]
The act of indicating or distinguishing a thing by placing on it a sign, symbol, or other perceptible trace.
1. docking of tails in lambs and, where appropriate, castration.
2. a form of olfactory communication or territorial marking by dogs and cats with urine or feces. Dogs deliberately defecate against a vertical surface such as tree, post, or bush. Cats uncharacteristically leave their feces uncovered. See also urine spraying
3. a color marking on a horse's coat.
Patient discussion about marking
Q. How to prevent Stretch Marks? I am pregnant and am starting to get Stretch Marks. How can I stop them?
A. Stretch Marks are hereditary and some women get it while others don't. There are special creams out there in order to prevent stretch marks, however I recommend you take a good moisturizing cream and rub it on your stomach and anywhere else that you need to, every night after the bath.
Q. I want to know why do all pregnant woman get stretch marks and how to treat them? I have given birth to a baby boy recently….it is joyous time on Christmas Eve. This is my second baby. During my previous delivery I didn’t get any stretch mark but now. I want to know why do all pregnant woman get stretch marks and how to treat them?
A. not all women get stretchmarks during pregnancy. some women get them without being pregnant.
Q. Are these stretch marks very common and how to avoid them? I mean which cream to be used? I am in my 8 th month. Everything is going good. Just a worry came when I saw one woman having stretch marks. Are these stretch marks very common and how to avoid them? I mean which cream to be used?
A. Hi , this is my 2nd baby. During the last pregnancy I had stretch marks. I have seen some ladies, who do not have at all. I met one woman with 4 children she did not have any. One of my friend; had in the very first pregnancy. There are creams available for use by pregnant woman before and after pregnancy to avoid stretch marks altogether. More discussions about marking