Louis

(redirected from Louis IX)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Louis IX: Louis XIV, Louis XIII, Louis XV, Louis XI

Lou·is

(lū-ē'),
Pierre C.A., French physician, 1787-1872. See: Louis angle, Louis law.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
References in periodicals archive ?
The cathedral was rebuilt in the gothic style after a fire which had destroyed most of the former Romanesque church, and it was consecrated in 1260 by the King of France, Louis IX (who later was canonized as St.
Liguest's trading post was named for Louis IX of France.
Men at the center; redemptive governance under Louis IX.
Louis IX, king of France (1214-70), setting off on a crusade to fill his new Sainte-Chapelle in Paris with relics rescued from the Holy Land.
And there are omissions of key information, such as in the entry on King Louis IX of France where no mention is made of his having brought what was believed to be the crown of thorns to Paris.
The Sorbonne University is considered one of the world's well established universities; it was established 750 years ago by the efforts of Robert De Sorbonne, who was the Spiritual C1ounselor to the French Monarch Louis IX; it is considered one of the world's oldest universities.
Apart from being a work of exceptional beauty, the Psalter of King Louis IX (Paris, BNF, MS lat.
The ChaEne dates back to the practices of the old French royal guild of goose roasters, Les Oyers, which was founded in 1248 during the reign of King Louis IX. The society is devoted to promoting fine dining and preserving the pleasures of the table.
Other images in Charles V's Grandes chroniques draw special attention to his saintly ancestor Saint Louis (Louis IX), and recall the text and images of two treasured books from the royal library.
King Louis IX was the only king of France to be proclaimed a saint by the Catholic Church.
It was consecrated in 1260 in the presence of the pious King Louis IX (Saint Louis).
It was built by Louis IX to house the Crown of Thorns, which he purchased in 1239 in Venice.