localized disease


Also found in: Wikipedia.

localized disease

Medtalk Any condition, generally understood as malignant, which is confined to a tissue or organ. Cf Regional disease.
References in periodicals archive ?
1) One review of 40 breast amyloidosis cases reported that 53 percent of patients presented with localized disease restricted to the breast while the remaining 47 percent had systemic illness.
For localized disease, surgery with wide local excision plus adjuvant radiation therapy can be used.
Survival is lower among women with a more advanced stage at diagnosis: 5-year relative survival is 99% for localized disease, 85 % for regional disease, and 26 % for metastatic disease.
9) Despite the poor results associated with systemic JXG, the vast majority of JXG patients have localized disease, which is associated with an excellent prognosis.
Minimal impact of clinical stage on prostate cancer prognosis among contemporary patients with clinically localized disease.
Brennan said this study showed that incorporating topotecan into front-line therapy of patients with advanced localized disease improves survival of eyes with useful vision.
Evan Unger, MD, co-founder of NuvOx, a co-principal investigator of the grant, said, "This project draws upon NuvOx's expertise in nanotechnology to more effectively treat localized disease, in this case endocarditis, particularly in pediatric patients.
2) More than 61 percent of patients at diagnosis will have Stage 1 breast cancer, also known as localized disease, which is routinely treated with radiation, surgery, and pharmaceuticals.
Young colorectal patients were more likely to be diagnosed with regional or distant disease, which are both more dangerous than localized disease.
Radical nephrectomy for localized disease is the treatment of choice.
The editors have organized the contributions that make up the main body of the text in four parts devoted to epidemiology, screening, and diagnosis, treatment for low-risk, localized disease, treatment for high-risk, localized, and locally advanced disease, and treatment of disseminated disease.
Over the course of the forecast period, GlobalData anticipates it will receive label extensions in non-metastatic CRPC and hormone-sensitive prostate cancer, making it available to virtually all prostate cancer patients segments, with the exception of those with localized disease.

Full browser ?