List BA former group of hospital-based posts for junior doctors training to become GPs in the UK. GP training programmes under the old (pre-Modernising Medical Careers) format were of 3 years’ duration, and had:
(1) at least 12 months full-time employment in general practice; and
(2) at least 12 months full-time employment in hospital training posts approved for general practice.
Eligible hospital posts were formerly divided into List A and List B posts.
Maximum 6 months in the following (providing the overall programme was balanced):
• Any of the following: cardiology, medical oncology, clinical oncology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and diabetes, haematology, nephrology, respiratory medicine, rheumatology, neurology, infectious diseases;
• Child and adolescent psychiatry or psychiatry of learning disability;
• Ophthalmology, ENT, ENT surgery, general surgery, paediatric surgery, urology, or trauma and orthopaedic surgery;
• Public health medicine.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.